The Consent Awareness and Sexual Education Club at the University of Calgary is currently looking for applicants for new members to join our team ! Please fill out the attached application form and send that, along with your resume, to President Nancy. Check out the full position descriptions below!
Applications will be due on Wednesday March 22nd!
Applications will be due on Wednesday March 22nd!
In the meantime, why not like our Facebook page? It's updated frequently with the most up-to-date CASE news. We're always looking for dedicated, passionate volunteers to help out at events, work behind the scenes, and have some fun with us! Don't forget to subscribe to our newsletter!
CASE LEADERSHIP TEAM ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Continuously research and remain abridged of policies and legislation regarding consent and other relevant/related issues, including monitoring of potential/impending changes/revisions.
- Conduct research and gather information necessary to the regular operation of the organization such as up-to-date statistics, recent study findings, etc. related to consent/assault/reporting/etc.
- Research specialized subjects/areas at the request of other executives/consultants, club members, members of the public, and provide them with concise and accessible information.
- Create/compile educational materials/presentations.
- Provide relevant resources and information relating to topics such as reporting procedures or counseling/health services, etc. to any executives, club members, or members of the public who should request it.
- Serve as a CASE consultant on any collaborative undertakings/initiatives relating to research, legislative reform, policy reform, initiatives, etc.
VP Communications (2 positions)
- Managing social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr
- Maintaining, updating, and creating content for the CASE website on the website
- Compiling and creating content for the monthly newsletter
- Design content for social media platforms and awareness campaigns including, but not limited to posters, banners, buttons, social media banners, handbills, stickers, etc.
- Organizing logistics for meet n' greets
- Organizing logistics for campaigns (Halloween and BSD)
- Organizing logistics for discussion groups
- Tasks most often include: creating schedules, assigning tasks to other execs, and providing refreshments
- The VP Events works closely with the VP Student Engagement to coordinate volunteers for events
- Be the main point of contact for external organizations alongside the President
- Establish relationships with external organizations, both community partners and potential sponsors
- Creats and upholds partnerships with different clubs and groups on campus
- Create, update, and maintain a sponsorship package
- Research and contact potential sponsors. Must have professional communication skills, access to a car for meetings is an asset
- Create an annual report to send to community partners and sponsors along with thank you cards
- Creation of two online (Paypal) fundraising initiatives: Giving Tuesday and BSD
- Assembling fundraising blog posts on the CASE website to promote fundraising
- Looking after membership information and ensuring the information is organized and stored on an up to date spreadsheet available on the CASE Drive folder
- Bringing the club’s trifold, safe and swag to all events and promote membership to attendees and returning it back to the locker at the end of events
- Attending and promoting CASE events
- Promote self care and a supportive environment within the executive team
- Meet with executive members individually (upon request) to offer support and advice on issues they may be struggling with in any area of their life (anything from balancing CASE duties to personal problems)
- Mediate or facilitate conversations between executive members when there is a conflict or concern
- Organize an annual internal review by distributing questions to members for reflection and leading a team discussion
- Advocate for team members (individually or as a whole) in order to prioritize and protect the mental well-being of executive members at all times
VP Operations & Finance
- Manage incoming and outgoing funds through club bank account and online PayPal account
- Advise other executive members on how resources should be spent and ensure the club keeps a balanced budget.
- Keep organized record of all club’s financial activity
- Serve as a co-signing authority for all club financial transactions
- Work with VP Events to manage all bookings of venues and equipment for events, campaigns, and meetings
- Work with VP Fundraising to manage cash box and memberships
- Order marketing materials and pay vendors (buttons, condoms, stickers, bookmarks, banners, posters, etc)
- Submit expenses for reimbursement from SU funding grants such as the Food and Beverage grant and Special Events funding grant, when applicable
- Work with the President to submit club awards application and year-end final report to the SU
VP Residence Outreach
- Work with community advisors to bring discussion nights to residence
- Attend resident events to promote CASE (ie, orientation, sex with your advisors, etc…)
- Communicate with CASE liaison on residence; work on bringing consent to residence in bigger ways
- Set up booths in residence to bring awareness about CASE to residence students
- Collaborate with different groups who are offering events or services on residence that are related to CASE (ie- WRC, RSA, Changemakers)
- Engaging with students to that they are more educated and informed about consent and sexual health
VP Student Engagement
- Responsible for the general management and supervision of volunteers within CASE.
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with volunteers and foster a community.
- Work to ensure volunteers are engaged and up to date with events and activities within CASE.
- Create and maintain resources for volunteers to ensure they are comfortable and safe.
- Manage and facilitate volunteer training sessions for the Fall and Winter terms in collaboration with the VP Events.
- Support all other leadership portfolios in their volunteer needs.
- Manage CASE Volunteer planning Facebook page.
Community Commissioner - Cultural Diversity
- Connect with on campus religious and ethnic clubs to try to foster a relationship between CASE and these clubs and organize collaborations where consent is talked about in the context of cultural and religious convictions.
- Connect with feminists, anti racists clubs with mandates similar to CASE's and foster collaborations.
Community Commissioner - Male Allies
- Promotion and Outreach of CASE by engaging Male identified individuals (ie. facilitating an event)
- As a community commissioner, provide input and support for CASE activities (as needed)
Community Commissioner - Queer Community
- Having a consistent connection to and communication with many members of the queer community.
- Being knowledgeable of queer resources available throughout Calgary and Alberta that involve sexual health, counselling etc
- Offering direct peer support for students who require assistance surrounding issues of gender and sexual diversity and consent